Sunday, March 22, 2009

About my BLOG

Well, I made it to day two and I'm posting my second blog. I thought I should tell you more about myself. What better way for you to get to know me? You might even find out why I consider myself FRAZZLED... First, you should know that I have been married for 20 years (June 09). My husband is a wonderful man who has always been there for us. We were blessed with one biological daughter and triple blessed with three adopted girls. We have two precious female cats, Artimis (my temporary avatar) and Alvina (an adorable calico ball of fur). We also have two wonderful female dogs, Aurora (a black chow/shepherd mix) and Pixie (a black and white chihuahua/Jack Russel Terrier mix). All four are pampered and adored (yes I'm just being nice - they're spoiled rotten). We just bought our first home (May 08). Our two oldest daughters have given us three grandchildren (our fourth is due late May 09). We have two grandsons, a granddaughter and our grand-baby to be is a girl. Our third daughter (the biological one) is a freshman in college. She is planning on being a High School Science teacher. Our youngest is about to finish the second grade (she's also turning 8 on Saturday). I home school her and she is doing great! I love my Lord and Savior, my family, writing, art, crafts, cooking, baking, knitting, crocheting, music & dancing. I was a youth leader for 12 years and a foster mom for 13 years. I've worked as a church secretary for four years and am currently a stay at home mom. I've served on a church board, organized a ladies group, lead Bible Study for teens and one for ladies. I lead an adult Praise and Worship Team while leading a teen Praise and Worship dance team. I love to try new recipes (by throwing whatever I have on hand together). I have a strange hodge-podge of talents. I'm hoping to bring my experience and talents to my blog. If I can help, inspire or pass along some bit of knowledge than I consider myself blessed. So stop by sometime and leave me a comment.

2 comments:

Tonya said...

So happy to see you on a blog! It will fun, I promise. Even close to addicting at times!

It is also wonderful to find another child of our King! I will have to tell a friend of mine that there is another foster parent bloggin!

have a blessed day.

Brenda said...

I'm with Tonya...ADDICTING!!! I just started my second blog, plus I have a Facebook page (which I can't figure out)...sigh...I guess I like to stay busy...grin...

Happy Blogging!