Monday, March 30, 2009

The Weekend Is Over

This has been a weekend that kept going and going. My daughter had her placement test on Friday (to see if she is ready for the third grade). Then we went shopping at Walmart for her birthday "goody bags" for her friends and decorations for her party. This is not easy when shopping with a seven (almost eight) year old who wants to give each friend a new bike and a large paper bag full of goodies per child attending her birthday party. Her big gift was waiting in my car, a big girls bike. Once we got home, my daughter needed the party bags to be filled right away. By the time I fell into bed, I was drained. Saturday came (Birthday party day) and I was once again on the run. My husband and I needed to buy her birthday presents (I know it's kind-of last minute but that's the only way my husband shops). Then I had to race to wrap them (God bless gift bags and tissue paper). We grabbed a quick lunch (a snack really) and went back to get the cake, balloons and ice-cream. With cake, ice-cream, gifts, balloons, and party decorations in our hands, we raced across the parking lot to set up before our daughter arrived. We finished with about five minutes to spare. Guests arrived and for the next hour and a half I rushed around tending to everyones needs, preventing little finger from stealing icing from the cake and trying to carry on conversation with the adults who stayed (did I mention the party was at Tony's Pizza and there is no seperate room for this party?). When everyone left, it was time to pay, gather our things and go home (with a sleepover). We got home and started a movie while the girls got ready for bed. The girls started fighting. I was hanging on by a thread. My husband had abandond me (he's a truck driver and had to leave right after the party ~ it's still abandoning me). I have NEVER been so happy to go to bed before in my life. Sunday came with a bang. I had a sore throat and a house full of 7 to 8 years old to get ready for church. With the children fed and clothed and myself showered and dressed, off we went to church. After church, we took the children home and headed to my second daughter's house (I have four daughters in case you missed that). For the next four hours, I was helping my second daughter and her family move into their new house. Then I raced off to Easter program practice and Evening service at church before falling in bed around 9 PM. Is it any wonder I'm so FRAZZLED?

No comments: